Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mountains!

Northern California is home to some of the most spectacular mountain ranges and volcanoes on the west coast. I decided to visit both Mt. Shasta and Mt. Lassen during these past few days.

I camped at the shores of pristine high-altitude lakes under ancient pine trees shading me from the relentless summer sun. Much reading has been caught up on but I think I'm a bit behind on the writing. Such is the way of the road. Go where the wind blows.









Castle Lake at Sunrise,















My humble little abode,













Mt. Lassen snow fields at 8,100 feet









It was almost time to head south again. I wanted to make sure I had time to visit friends and brothers in San Francisco. I was ready for a little break from the heat anyway. Riding long days in 105 degrees with jeans and leathers on. I don't consider myself a wussy or anything but when I start fantasizing about cold drinks and swimming pools with icebergs floating around me I knew it was time for some cooling off....

No comments: